Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blog Address: http://blogging.wikia.com/wiki/Special:CreateBlogPage
Subject Matter: English Language Arts
Grade Level: Kindergarten
Lesson Objective: Learners will demonstrate knowledge of/understanding of/ability to practice phonological awareness, phonetic skills, and beginning reading using a web-based educational program. Learners will also have the ability to practice technological skills such as navigating through a web site and demonstrating how to use the mouse/keyboard correctly.
Subject Matter Content Standard: Common Core State Standards:
- Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
- Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
- Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
- Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
Technology Standard: NETS for Students: 1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity:
- promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tolls and resources.
Website Addresses Used as Resources:
Essential Question: "Who would like to learn how to read using the computer?!"
- What are some "am" words?
- Who can name some "ig" words?
- Who remembers some "in" words?
- Who would like to come and write on the white board three "in" words?
- Who would like to point to three "an" words that are on our word wall?
Assessment: There are many ways that these websites promote student learning. Students were able to navigate through the sites while listening to or following the prompts and directions. Students were able to match letters to their correct sounds, match upper case letters to lower case letters, and read (or be read to) beginning reader books. I will assess student learning with this assignment by performing formative assessments. I will document student progress and print out their work for their portfolios to show parents.